Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Betsy's Birthday Celebration

"Princess Betsy," Cecil, Austin and Spires
My Birthday Cupcakes. Notice the Cinderella candle?
John, Cecil, me, Keith, Mama, Lisa, Brennan and Spires.
Chris, Elizabeth, Jason and Austin.

Mary and Jason invited Cecil and me down to Greenwood for a cook-out to celebrate my birthday. Also invited were Elizabeth, Chris and Spires, my mother, and my brother, John and his family. When I walked into the house I discovered Mary had decorated her kitchen in "Early Disney Princess!" She had a "special" princess crown for me to wear -- Cinderella. It seems Mary remembered my telling her about my imaginary friend, Cinderella, who road on the back of my tricycle and how I insisted my mother set a place for her at the dinner table! Mary said she thought I would enjoy going back in time (I believe I was three and living in Montgomery, Alabama. Daddy was stationed at Maxwell Air Force Base.) instead of using the customary black for reaching such a milestone in one's life. We all had a wonderful time.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I wish I had been there.

The Browns of Laurens said...

And I wish you, Joe and William could have been there also. Miss you all.

The Haiglers said...

I'm glad you had a good time! It was fun for us to do and we enjoyed seeing everyone! I noticed that since I was in charge of your camera I wasn't in any pictures... we finally got you in some though!
Happy Birthday again.
Love, Mary